• Performing all cardiac testing techniques including Electro Cardiogram (ECG) testing, Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring and Holter fittings in compliance with CSCT guidelines;
• Scanning, monitoring, and analyzing Holters; this will be the main focus for the position. (No stress testing) Scanning requirements are high as Vector is primarily a very busy Holter Lab.
• Completing administrative duties to assist with clinic flow; answering the telephone, filing, scheduling patients for tests.
• Ensuring all quality control assessments are performed as required;
• Taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices;
• Following procedures for proper equipment maintenance while ensuring they are completed in accordance with department standards;
• Applying knowledge of the components and function of cardiac monitoring devices;
• Identifying and reporting on conditions requiring physician attention;
• Maintaining a database file of patient information, events, and monitoring periods and transferring all data/faxing, tracking results.
• Participating in meetings as required; and
• Completing other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who has completed a Cardiac Technologist diploma recognized by the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists and is eligible for membership with the CSCT. We are also looking for a candidate that that holds current CPR certification. New graduates are welcome to apply!
You must demonstrate mature judgement, maintain patient confidentiality at all times, have the ability to work independently, and be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team environment. The candidate needs to have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. You must have professional communication skills and be comfortable providing empathetic telephone interactions with patients, and in-office with physicians and coworkers. Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and training.
Shifts are day-time only. No weekends, holidays or night shifts.
We ask that candidates please contact us with their resume and cover letter.