Typical duties and responsibilities include:
• Provides pacemaker services to various areas of the hospital including outpatient cardiac clinics
• Performs and supports pacemaker testing and programming
• Performs techniques relating to Electro Cardiogram (ECG) testing, stress testing, Holter and
pacemaker monitoring and other types of diagnostic cardiac equipment
• Monitors and documents all transtelephonic calls for patients with pacemakers and arrhythmia devices.
Explains cardiac pacemaker screener system to patients and ensures that patients are aware of proper
• Providing interpretations, analysis, test/summary reports and troubleshooting as required
• Participates in the instruction/orientation of staff and/or students
This is a casual position, days of work are Monday to Friday and shift times are 08:00-16:00.
Job ID: 1269492
Completion of a Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists recognized diploma program
in Cardiology Technology plus successful completion of a recognized Pacemaker specialty
exam plus two years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience.
• Current registration with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists and eligible for
membership with the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT).