• Performing all cardiac testing techniques including Electro Cardiogram (ECG) testing, exercise stress testing, and Holter fittings in compliance with CSCT guidelines;
• Scanning, monitoring, and analyzing Holters;
• Completing administrative duties to assist with clinic flow;
• Ensuring all quality control assessments are performed as required;
• Taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with related policies, health and safety legislation and best practices;
• Following procedures for proper equipment maintenance while ensuring they are completed in accordance with department standards;
• Applying knowledge of the components and function of cardiac monitoring devices;
• Analyzing recordings as they relate to patient symptoms and medications;
• Identifying and reporting on conditions requiring physician attention;
• Maintaining a database file of patient information, events, and monitoring periods and transferring all data to Medpoint’s EMR system;
• Participating in meetings as required; and
• Completing other duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone who has completed a Cardiac Technologist diploma recognized by the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists and is eligible for membership with the CSCT. We are also looking for a candidate that that holds current CPR certification. New graduates are welcome to apply!
You must demonstrate mature judgement, maintain patient confidentiality at all times, have the ability to work independently, and be comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team environment. We are also looking for someone who is comfortable working on computers and EMR software, has the ability to multi-task, and has strong organizational and interpersonal skills. You must have professional communication skills and be comfortable providing empathetic telephone interactions with patients, and in-office with physicians and coworkers.
Please note: shifts may potentially include evenings and/or weekends.