The Cardio Technologist is responsible for providing diagnostic testing in order to assist the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with cardiac and related disorders
Job Title: Cardio Technologist - Cardio Respiratory
Department: Cardio Respiratory
Temporary Full Time (1)
Temporary Part Time (1)
Job Category: Healthcare Professional Union: OPSEU Paramedical
Successful completion of a Canadian Society of Cardiology Technicians (CSCT) approved
course in electrocardiography or equivalent required. Active registration with the CSCT is
• Experience working in an acute care hospital setting is preferred.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of cardio equipment used in assessing and treating
• Demonstrated strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multi task efficiently.
• Demonstrates advance level of computer skills and ability to problem solve and
troubleshoot cardiology equipment including Holter Monitors, Loop Monitors, ECG carts,
Stress Test Machines and interface technologies of the associated Data Management
• Demonstrates strong ability to liaise with Vendor clinical representatives, Biomedical
Technicians and IT department to resolve technical issues as they arise.
• Demonstrated ability to provide training and education in a train the trainer model on new
technology and equipment in the Cardio department.
• Thorough knowledge of interfaces between hospital ADT, multi-vendor hardware and
software devices and the reporting systems associated with clinical applications. Experience
with Cerner EMR and associated modules.
• Satisfactory work performance and attendance record required
• The successful candidate will have a proven commitment to professional development as
well as to the Mission and Vision of the Hospital. Demonstrates proficiency in written and
verbal communications skills in relation to working with patients across the care continuum.